by 24, May, 2011
- Log into www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and create a username and password.
- Go through all the heads of income under which you will be taxed and select the relevant Income Tax Return.
- Download the Return Preparation software and fill in the details of your ITR. The Income Tax India website also provides an instruction sheet on how to fill the ITR form.
- If there is any tax to be paid then make an online payment and generate the challan counterfoil along with the CIN. Now complete the Income Tax Return form with the details from the challan and CIN along with the payment details and the details of the bank through which the e-payment has been made.
- After this generate an XML file from the filled return using the software downloaded earlier. An XML is a format that helps the IT Department enter the details into its database.
- Now select the appropriate form on the left side of the page and click ‘Submit return’. Select the XML file and click ‘Upload’. Once the uploading is successful it will be acknowledged on the screen.
- Click on ‘Print ’ to get a copy of the ITR-V form.